Friday, December 30, 2005

Joseph Giordano

(click on images for larger view)

I end the year with these covers from the Bobbs-Merrill Best of Children's Literature elementary school readers, published in 1960. I can't get over the whimsically absurd wrap-around cover art of Joseph Giordano that graced these texts. You'll notice the name for this blog comes from one of the titles. Giordano was also one of many who did interior illustrations for this series which number six in all. If you want to check out the other two covers and some of Giordano's inside illustrations, click here.

Thanks to all who supported my foray into the blog-o-sphere with their comments and for highlighting Fun All Around on their blogs. With five weeks since it's inception, this blog has had visitors in 30 different countries from all four corners of the world-wide-web. That blows my mind. I hope to continue to make this a fun place to visit for the coming year. One thing I'd like to do for 2006 is expand the content to include contemporary illustrators that I like. Of course, I'll also continue to feature children's book illustrators of the mid-20th century, as well as stuff I've been working on.

Have a happy New Year!

Best wishes,
Eric

6 Comments:

Blogger leifpeng said...

Happy New Year, Eric and thanks for bringing fun all around my computer screen! Looking forward to more fun from you all around 2006!

12/30/2005 3:06 PM  
Blogger Todd Kauffman said...

thanks...they are so SWEET

1/01/2006 5:48 PM  
Blogger Wout Paulussen said...

This is magic. Just WOW!!!!!!!
Superinspirational.
I'll be back.
And a Happy New Year to you.

1/03/2006 7:50 AM  
Blogger SteveLambe said...

Oh man...those kick serious ass. Just curious, but are the interiors as interesting as the covers?

Thanks for sharing, Eric.

1/03/2006 11:39 PM  
Blogger Eric Sturdevant said...

The are some nice interior illos too, Steve. I put a few on my flickr page here. They aren't as full-bore as the covers though.

Thanks for all the comments guys!

1/04/2006 12:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those are great! looking forward to more great stuff as time goes on...

1/04/2006 10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home